Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fukuoka Accomodations

I always begin searching for a hotel using Agoda.com
I have previously done some checks here and there on all the booking engines to conclude that Agoda.com offers one of the most competitive rates, and it even offer rewards points for future redemption.

Using my travel dates of 8 to 14 Apr, I priced for some rates and shortlisted a few hotels for consideration starting with the lowest rates:

1. HOTEL SUNLINE FUKUOKA
The first one I looked at was Hotel Sunline Fukuoka.
Agoda is offering S$91/night for a semi double room and S$121/night for a economy twin room. I presume semi double room is a smaller version of a double room, so 2 ladies should be able to pack into the room if the hotel allows.
I went to the hotel website in an attempt to search for a better rate, however it was mainly in Japanese. In addition, as it was rather far away from Hakata Station (usually it is best that the hotel is near to the main station) compared to other hotels, I decided to look around more. In addition, even though reviews were mainly good, the rooms seemed to be slightly old.

2. CHISUN HOTEL HAKATA
I moved onto the lower priced hotel- Chisun Hotel Hakata and the website is in English and allows reservations. The hotel looks sufficiently clean and new. And it is also very near to the Hakata Station. Agoda is offering a standard double room at S$116 and a standard twin room at S$121. However, if you book directly via the hotel website (and especially in advance), a single room can go as low as 3200 JPY (est S$50) , while a semi double room is going at 5700 JPY (est S$90).

3. THE B HAKATA
I continued to look further as there is this boutique hotel that has garnered quite some positive reviews which is the b Hakata. And it is very near to the Hakata station too. I remember that I saw Agoda offering it for S$100plus, but as I price it for the dates i want, it is no longer available. I tried a later date and got it at $110.
Wait, that's not the best deal, especially since I am booking it way in advance (I realized that Japan hotels intend to offer good deals if you book in advance). Under the 30 day advance purchase double use package, I managed to get 4 nights (10-13 Apr) at 6400 JPY,4200JPY,5900JPY and 5900JPY respectively. Great, that averages out to S$88 per night! Oh, but the caveat here is the package is for standard double room, so it's for 2 ladies who can share beds again.


4. GUESTHOUSE KAINE
Even though I had already settled my accomodation in Fukuoka, I just want to share some info on this guest house that I had stumbled upon when I was looking around for hotels to stay in previously. It is actually known as Guesthouse Kaine. Based on my experience in Kyoto, not all guest houses in Japan are nice and cosy and clean, so I was rather attracted to Guesthouse Kaine because the experience looks certainly worthwhile. The rates of 2500 Yen (est S$38) for one person is very attractive because it is certainly not cheap/worthwhile for lone traveller to occupy one hotel room by yourself...
What attracted me more is the noodles they serve on the 1st floor... it simply looks so delicious! If I happen to be in the area then, I shall go try it out! I have no idea how much does it cost though, it's not stated on their website.


Go to Crossroad Fukuoka for more info!
Anyone who has stayed there or will be staying there soon? Do share about it!

0 comments: